How was your Thanksgiving?
Ours was truly great - the day was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the fellowship was definitely sweet! Along with our troop of seven =), we had extended family over for the celebration! We talked, and ate and ate some more, leaving the table thoroughly stuffed with both food and fun!
On the menu this year:
- Parmesan Artichoke Spinach Dip with toasted baguettes
- Crudite platter of Roasted Red Peppers, Marinated Mozzarella, Olives and fresh veggies with ranch dip.
- Sausage Pinwheels
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pimento Cheese Ball (we live in the South, after all! =)
- Mom's *always-gorgeous* turkey
- Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- Buttery Potatoes
- Sausage Stuffing
- Green Salad with a Sweet Ginger Dressing
- Green Bean Casserole with freshly snapped green beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Jello Salad
- Homemade Butter Rolls
- Maple Pumpkin Pie with a walnut-sugar streusel topping
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Haystack cookies
- and - of course - the traditional can of whipped cream...which was used extensively, was gone VERY quickly...=)
I hope your holiday was as wonderful as ours was!
I am so
T H A N K F U L
for the blessings in my life...
for each of my
for each of my
(both by blood and in the Lord! =)
...a country that is still one of freedom and liberty...
...this past year - including both the good and the hard times...
...and most of all... my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my relationship with HIM!
Happy Tuesday, everyone, and see you in December!